Google: Datally App Will Decrease High Mobile Data Consumption in Nigeria
Datally App by Google
Worried about data consumer complaints on fast exhaustion of data packages on mobile devices, caused by too many unwanted background apps that are running on our mobile devices, Android especially, Well Good news, Google announced that the newly launched app for growing markets, called Datally, would help data users in Nigeria to monitor and control their data usage with ease and at their comfort zone.
Google Announcing the launch of Datally in Lagos recently, The Director (Google Nigeria Country ), Juliet Ehimuan-Chiazor, said the new app, which was particularly designed for data users in growing markets like Nigeria, would help Android users understand and control their mobile data and to get the most out of their data plans.
According to her, “For the last few years, our Next Billion Users team has been doing a lot of research on the ground in fast growing internet countries like Nigeria, We have found that data is a major constraint for the next billion users. Introducing Datally into the Nigerian smartphone market will help users understand how to control their mobile data better.
“Google tested Datally in the Philippines for most of 2017, and the insights from the product tests there, shaped the final app. The user research showed that people testing the app saved up to 30 per cent of their mobile data, depending on the way they used the app “Datally”.”
What is Datally?
According to Google Play Store, the datally description states that “Data doesn’t have to be confusing, hard to control, or expensive. Thus Saving mobile data is easy with Datally, a smart new app by Google. It’s a mobile data manager that will help you monitor, save, and gain control of your data. Through tracking and controlling app data usage, you save more data and get the most out of your phone.”
Learn about the best ways to gain control of your data usage
● DATA SAVER – Save up to 30% of mobile data* through controlling data usage on an app-by-app. Control and limits data on specific apps while still enjoying the apps you want
● DATA SAVER BUBBLE – Front and center controls allow you to see real-time app data usage, and block an app’s data usage if things get out of control
UNDERSTAND YOUR USAGE
Easily track your data and understand which apps are using the most.
● DATA USAGE METRICS – Learn more about your data usage, including usage history, trends over time, and per-app usage
● PERSONALIZED RECOMMENDATIONS – See usage highlights, prompts to rate Wi-Fi networks, and reminders to turn on your data saver
SAVE MORE DATA
You can also get more data by find nearby Wi-Fi to watch more videos, browse more pictures, and download more files.
● WI-FI FINDER – Our Wi-Fi finder helps you discover great Wi-Fi networks nearby with details like distance. Before connecting, you can see how other Datally users have rated the Wi-Fi network, and you can also rate Wi-Fi networks that you’ve connected to
But that’s not all! We’ve got new features coming, including those that are currently available for limited testing in select markets:
● Balance checking and balance expiration reminders
● Proactive data usage warnings and controls
Datally requests certain permissions to help you get the most out of your mobile data, including:
● Phone – Used to help you monitor your phone’s mobile data usage. Datally doesn’t make or receive phone calls on your behalf.
● Location – Used to show you high-quality Wi-Fi networks nearby, and directions to get there.
The Datally VPN is only on your phone and doesn’t redirect your Internet traffic to any other servers or locations.
Where to get Datally
Datally works on all cell phones running Android 5.0 and higher, and is available for download on the Google Play Store, Datally was developed to help solve one of the most significant concerns of smartphone users around the world, and especially in Nigeria, where worries about data usage is on the increase.